The Competition - Saturday 10th March 2018 2-7pm
The John Kerr Award was founded in 2006 as a bi-annual competition. We are delighted to have our judges Neil Jenkins (Head Judge), Julie Kennard (John Kerr Award Specialist Judge) and Christopher Grant (Accompanists Judge).
The aim of the award is to promote the English song repertoire in the United Kingdom and other countries. In recent years, interest in English song has grown considerably after a long period of neglect; the success of the first competition highlighted the great interest in this field.
The following Prizes will be awarded in 2018
- The Christopher Ball First prize - £2,000
- The Second Prize - £1,000
- The Audience Prize - £500
- The Accompanist Prize - £500
- The Best Individual Song Prize - £250